Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP NEEDED Sunn Coliseum red knob

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP NEEDED Sunn Coliseum red knob

    Hey everyone.
    I have a red knob version of the coliseum, and have a floating wire near the output that I have no idea where it goes.
    Please help me by taking a picture of yours or just describing where to put it?
    Thanks!


    https://ibb.co/ik7YcF

    https://ibb.co/iQtBWa

    https://ibb.co/gq1bxF

  • #2
    Welcome to the place!

    You indeed show a red wire. But,.... your pictures are too close cropped to tell anything. Can you zoom out? Can you tell us what the other end of the wire goes to? Do you have a schematic you could link or upload? All of these things would be helpful.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

    Comment


    • #3
      A red wire? I see a cement wire wound resistor that has disconnected. Is that what we are trying to figure what/where to reconnect? If so then it would appear to be connected right here.>>> Look at picture... After all all those connections appear to be all bridged together anyway. Look close and you might see a cut off piece of the resistor wire end. If not the correct floating wire then yes do as The Dude says and show us better sized pics.
      Attached Files
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Welcome to the place!

        You indeed show a red wire. But,.... your pictures are too close cropped to tell anything. Can you zoom out? Can you tell us what the other end of the wire goes to? Do you have a schematic you could link or upload? All of these things would be helpful.
        Thanks The Dude for the welcome.
        I have no schematic and am not very experienced at reading them either.

        Here are a couple more pics I have to hopefully clarify my situation:

        https://ibb.co/cTG6ga

        https://ibb.co/jKqMEv

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
          A red wire? I see a cement wire wound resistor that has disconnected. Is that what we are trying to figure what/where to reconnect? If so then it would appear to be connected right here.>>> Look at picture... After all all those connections appear to be all bridged together anyway. Look close and you might see a cut off piece of the resistor wire end. If not the correct floating wire then yes do as The Dude says and show us better sized pics.
          Thanks DrGonz!
          Until you said it, I didn't realize they were all bridged.
          Sorry for being so ignorant about this stuff.
          I did already to check to see if there was an obvious break on the other side, and there were two solder points that look like they have been messed with, so I guess I already had a 50/50 guess haha.

          Comment


          • #6
            I missed that. I thought we were looking for a wire and not a resistor lead. At any rate, Gonz has it. Those contacts on the lower side of the pic are all bridged, so pick whichever one is easiest to solder to.
            "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              I missed that. I thought we were looking for a wire and not a resistor lead.
              I was looking for a wire at first too!! Then finally the resistor caught my attention. It has a wire on it but we think of that still as part of the component lead and not so much just a wire.
              When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

              Comment

              Working...
              X