Sunn Knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Knobs

Antique Electronics is now carrying Rogan knobs. They made them for early Sunn amps.

I like Rogan knobs, I used to buy them years ago. They once sent me a sample pack with a big handful of all kinds of them.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Patlaw, I ordered a set for mine last night. I was going to have my brother print a set but this is easier.
      --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

It has been noted elsewhere that the font of the 0-10 numbers on the skirt does not match the original 60's Sunn knobs, it matches the knobs used on Music Man amps.
        Last edited by loudthud; 03-15-2022, 03:44 PM.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

I saw that, but mine only has the arrow so I'm ok with these. If I need them for my Sentura we will print them out. My brother's new printer is amazing.
          --Jim

Comment

Cool, those should match.
            WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.

Comment

I mentioned my brother's printer being a nice one, this is the result of a very quick measure & design in TinkerCAD that I did and had him print. I would need to polish it up before printing enough for an amp. I need to make the base a little thicker and the concave top deeper but it's almost dead-on. The resin is hard enough to tap but not so hard that it's brittle. It feels like the original. If we did any more of these we'd use a black dye in the resin but it's really nice knowing I don't have to buy any more in the future.

We can fix the font issue on the numbered ones too if it is indeed off.

Edit: The picture is deceiving, the one we printed looks smaller but it's not. Must have been the angle or something.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by gui_tarzan; 03-17-2022, 10:14 PM.
              --Jim

Comment

Just got my knobs from CE/Amplified Parts/Antique Elect. They look amazing! There's just one small problem...

Attached Files
                --Jim

Comment

I hear knobs is a growth industry.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Turns out they have a smaller size but upon closer inspection, it's not identical to the original. The height is wrong, the splines on the outside don't have a relief at the bottom (they flow straight into the brim on the original) and the top is off. So I think we're just going to polish up my drawing and make our own.
                    --Jim

Comment

I suspected they were the wrong size, but didn't have an original to measure close by.

Comment

If someone doesn't have any or any decent ones it's a good option. I'm glad to see someone doing this.
                        --Jim

Comment

Well I ordered the "meduim" size knobs hoping they were closer. Nope. They're butt-ugly compared to the original and the oversized replica. Not even close to right. It is what it is.
                          Attached Files
                          --Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X