Sunn Coliseum Lead Blown Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Coliseum Lead Blown Output

I am working on a Sunn Coliseum Lead that had a blown 5A fuse. This one does not have a circuit breaker. Troubleshooting found it to be caused by a shorted output transistor, 2n3773. The other five 2n3773 output transistors tested good, as did the two 2n3441 drivers. Since there are three output transistors on the side, I will be replacing those three with MJ15024G that I have on hand (even though 2n3773 are still available). Should the driver also be replaced?

For BJT power amps that have all transistors the same for the positive and negative power rails, do I need to replace the three on the opposite side to be matched with these three as well? How about this driver?

As a side question, if the other three were complementary outputs instead of the same, would/should those be replaced as well? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Any comments or guidance? Do I need to replace both sets of three, or just the one set of three that had the shorted output BJT transistor? Thanks!

Comment

replace only the one that's burned out and you'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by x-pro View Post
        replace only the one that's burned out and you'll be happy.
        So only one, not the set of three? Given that my on-hand replacements are MJ15024G, does that make a difference? I'd be able to safely mix one MJ15024G with the remaining two 2N3773?

Comment

Try it!
          For guitar business, you won't hear any difference.​

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X