No announcement yet.

Brown Concert 6G12a trem circuit - Some qns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read an article about Victoria Amplifiers, and how he spend a year 'tuning' their Reverberato circuit. In the same article, he admitted he didn't know how a rectifier worked. I believe his circuit was modeled from the non-A version schematic, just as the ReVibe circuit did. Trying to avoid an unused 1/2 triode.
    I think you're on the right track working from the -A version.
    Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
    Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

Which sounds best? Isn't that a bit like saying "What's the best kind of sandwich?" It's a matter of personal taste and can depend on the application.

There may be some folks whose sole need for "tremolo" is a square wave type chopper effect. The blackface roach method would be best served here.

Anyway, I was never a trem guy till I built a brownface type harmonic trem. (the -A version, btw) I love it. I'd also recommend using it alongside another amp with no trem. The mix of the effected signal and dry is really something.

I'm looking into designing a stereo vib/trem amp and dug up this:
      http://www.schematicheaven.com/gibso...83s_preamp.pdf
      http://www.schematicheaven.com/gibsonamps/ga83s.pdf
      which is Gibson's take on the harmonic trem - but in stereo with mirrored oscillation swings. I'm thinking of an amp with a pair of "tube-univibe-like" frequency wigglers with a harmonic trem stage tacked on at the end for a combined effect of vibrato with panning HF tremolo.

Comment

You're right of course, surely it depends on your own personal taste !

I should have said the best sinuswave like tremelo, smooth and subtle.

That''s what I would say is the type I like best. This type is one of my favourite effects.

The Gibson schematic I 'm not familiar with but sounds like a very challenging project. I must study it a bit further.

Alf

Comment

Working...
        X