newb question G12-65 and Bluedog Alnico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb question G12-65 and Bluedog Alnico

The G12-65 is a Celestion and the Bluedog is a 30 watt Alnico.

Would these work well together in the same cab?

i don't know the answer. But i just thought i'd confuse you a bit more by letting you know about warehouse speakers. I'm considering one because they are dirt cheap and are getting some really good reviews. In particular i am referring to a model that is supposed to sound like the apparently highly regarded G12-65 you mention. It's something like $68 and from some of the responses i've seen it sounds like it make be as good at a far cheaper price. I'm considering one myself because the SPL is only 96 making for a speaker that would be good in low volume situations especially. I assume the celestion is also low SPL, and if thats the case then the one thing i can tell you in regards to your original question is just make sure whatever speakers you do end up mixing that they has similar SPL specs of you may end up with a pair of speakers where one overpowers the other.

Comment

It all depends on the used gear (amp/guitar/etc.). The Celestion Blue or Gold Alnico is also more effektive than the Heritage 65 Watters or 20 Watters.

They're even louder than the Heritage H30s with the same db@1W@1m specs due to the different voicing.

I like the 65 Watter for "more balanced than normal 25 Watt Greenback sounds".
      Love, peace & loudness,
      Chris
      http://www.CMWamps.com

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
        i don't know the answer. But i just thought i'd confuse you a bit more by letting you know about warehouse speakers. I'm considering one because they are dirt cheap and are getting some really good reviews...
        I picked up a pair of Warehouse speakers in October and they are great speakers, probably better than the Celestions made in China. The prices are decent, but roughly twice what they were when they started selling them a year or two ago ("Vintage 30 clones for $32!" ). You also need to factor in the shipping charges, which aren't discounted like Musicians Friend (free shipping for orders over $49 or $99 or whatever).

I wish that there were local dealers that carried the Warehouse Guitar speakers to eliminate (or reduce) the shipping charges to the end user... Heck, it would be great if Musicians Friend carried them, too!

Steve Ahola
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

I picked up a pair of Warehouse speakers in October and they are great speakers
          which model did u get?

Comment

Working...
          X