? power transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? power transformer

i found a tube chassis today. i realy dont know what it is there was a few tubes in it still one was a 12--7 not sure whitch one but it had a 6x4 tube in it what is a 6x4 a power tube pre recf??. and the power transformer only had 2 green wires 2 red and the black wire no center tap at all. i assume the pt is for ss rectifier it came with a long narrow chassis that kinda cool and it was full of t stripes for a cool ptp project. plus it has 5 9 pin sockets and 2 7 pin socket. no output trany it has what ibeleave are radio tuners maybe a ham type. the power trany was on rubber graumets. the chassis caught my eye. but the pt may be good for a small tube type build any ideas??

The black wires would be the primary and would connect to 120VAC. The green wires would be 6VAC and the red would be the high voltage AC. You'd have to apply power to it to measure that.

6X4 is a rectifier tube.

If there is only one transformer, it is not meant to drive a speaker, so it was a preamp or radio circuit of some sort. In that case the high voltage wouldn;t likely have a very high current rating. The thing would be good for making a preamp circuit or maybe a low power amp.

If you saw variable caps with the moving vanes, it was definitely a radio circuit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thats what i thought. i wonder if i could do a lil tw clone with it ive seen guys maken 2 watt tws. i know nothing about the tubes they use. the cool thing about that find was the chassis it ha 4 9 pin socket and then 2 7 pin socket on each end. one of the corners has had a shield a round the socket. and it is full of t strips it will be a cool 18 watt marshall clone using ptp on t strips using a ss rect

Comment

Working...
      X