20w 6L6 power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20w 6L6 power supply

How do I design a 20w 6L6 power amp. I am using a 20w deluxe rev OT (6.6k). My PT is a Hammond 272fx (300-0-300, 150mA) I would use 6v6's but the plate voltage will be too much. I dont want any power amp distortion so the 6L6 would give a higher headroom. Any scheme's for reference? Any help?

A 300-0-300 B+ secondary will be fine with 6V6s.

If you still want use 6L6, just drop them in and keep tabs on the plate current. You could try half the speaker load (ohms) with the 6L6 in there, but may many folks use 6L6 style tubes in Deluxe Reverbs with no changes other than bias.

Given your low B+ secondary I'd stick to 6V6.

Comment

With that PT maybe you could make a 5G9. (The hammond site says it has a 3A rectifier winding) (You just need to tap off a bias supply from somewhere)
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Wow, I was just on the JJ site and there 6v6 has a limiting voltage of 500V.

Comment

Yep I have those JJ6V6S in three tweedy amps now and they're darn good for 14W. (In fact I'm thinking they might be good in a lowish-powered 5F6A too - certainly have lots of interesting texture and can give 5881s a run for their money) At that price who's barfing?
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
          X