self split 12au7 (FF) into 10k OT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self split 12au7 (FF) into 10k OT?

should it be ok to run a 10K OT on my firefly? what will it impact? I hate spending money on Hammond "universals" or anything else lately....

any way to load output to "see" higher impedance and just up volume to compensate? Free lunch anyone?

If I remember right the Firefly is set up for a 22kOhm:8Ohm OT right? So you could get close with a 10kOhm:4Ohm OT and a 4 Ohm speaker. Er, no, that'd be stupid and backwards. You want to double your speaker impedance. That is your free lunch.
    Check out my signal generator for your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Comment

so put a 16ohm load on the 8ohm tap? I have a 16ohm tap too...) ? its fryday...

Comment

I've done it, it produces about 0.5 watt clean.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Or you could add another output valve and have 2 12au7 operating in parallel push-pull

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
            so put a 16ohm load on the 8ohm tap? I have a 16ohm tap too...) ? its fryday...
            Think it thru such that the tubes see close to the right impedance reflected from your speaker. So if 8 ohms times 10k/8 gives you 10k and you need something more like 22k (off the top of my head here) then 16 ohms times 10k/8 is going to work fine.
            Check out my signal generator for your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Comment

Working...
            X