Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else confused by pot types in Duncan's Tone Stack Calculator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else confused by pot types in Duncan's Tone Stack Calculator?

In the TSC one can choose from either LINEAR, Log A, or Log B. The default is Log B, and I have no clue what that means. I know B is the code for linear, which makes me doubly confused. A clarification would be wonderful! Thanks very much.

...depends upon which "side" of the pond you live: one side has A being one taper while the other side has B being that taper, and vice-versa for the B taper names!
    ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

Well, for one thing, don;t confuse the symbol on the pot or in the schematic for the description. 50kB might mean a linear 50k pot, but when you see log B, that is a different reference.

But here from the help section of the TSC:

Next set the potentiometer style. Linear uses a linear track where the resistance is in proportion to rotation of the potentiometer. Log A has 30% of the full value at half-way position, and Log B has 10% of the full value at half-way position.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Of course, the "help" section! I was looking on the site, but didn't find that... Thanks so much Enzo.

Where could I find the mysterious Log B pots? It seems like most distributors aren't listing pot's half-way resistance...

Comment

okay, nevermind, i found an old thread where you already answer that, enzo.

Comment

Working...
          X