Amp switcher box, multiple amps going to one (or two) cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp switcher box, multiple amps going to one (or two) cab

Ok so i have two bass amp heads that i use, a Warwick 3.2 Pro Fet bass head, and an Ashdown Superfly 1000.

Both amps have very different tonal capabilities and i was wondering if it was possible to make some sort of device that would allow me to have both amps connected to one or two cabinets and give me the ability to switch between the amps when i wanted.

The Warwick has a single Speakon output and the Ashdown has 2 speakon outputs (each output is 500W). The speaker cabs also have Speakon conectors.

Anyone know of any Schematics that would help me build such a device?

Originally posted by Skywalker83 View Post
    Ok so i have two bass amp heads that i use, a Warwick 3.2 Pro Fet bass head, and an Ashdown Superfly 1000.

Both amps have very different tonal capabilities and i was wondering if it was possible to make some sort of device that would allow me to have both amps connected to one or two cabinets and give me the ability to switch between the amps when i wanted.

The Warwick has a single Speakon output and the Ashdown has 2 speakon outputs (each output is 500W). The speaker cabs also have Speakon conectors.

Anyone know of any Schematics that would help me build such a device?
    All that's necessary is to switch the inputs and the outputs. The on-amp has to get the guitar signal and the speaker. The off-amp has to get two things: it's input needs grounded and its output needs connected to a dummy/resistor load if it's a tube amp. Some tube amps oscillate and die when their output is left open.

What's needed amounts to a DPDT switch per amp. If you can find a manually actuated 4PDT whose contacts will carry the output speaker currents OK, you're done. All you need is the switch and some time doing the wiring.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
    X