Peavey Spring Revreb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Spring Revreb?

Hey, I have a peavey Studio Chorus 210 and the spring reverb is not working.
    It is not the original spring box, would that matter?
    I have a Fender Spring box but I'm not sure if that would work either.
    I did a search and can't find any tanks any where.
    Douse any one know were I could find a Tank or how to fix the one I got or can I put in that Fender

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fender Man

there could be several reasons that 'Fender' tank isn't working:

1) It could be the wrong tank for the circuit (wrong input impedance maybe; - has the tank got numbers on the side - like '4EB2C1B' or something like that? It could be a tank that is designed to be driven by a tube through a transformer, instead of straight off a transistor/opamp)

2) It is okay to use in the amp but:

a) the tank is broken (broken transducer coil or spring - test the tank's input, and the tank's output for continuity with an R-meter); or

b) one of the cables going to or from the tank need fixing (test the cables for continuity with an R-meter)

c) the circuit driving the tank needs fixing (bad transistor/opamp or some other broken component; - take it to a tech)
    Last edited by tubeswell; 08-11-2009, 02:06 AM.
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Hey, Thanks for the info.
      I have taken it to a tech, My guitar teacher has a Electronecs repair shop and he said it needs a tank with the #81501575 I can't find a tank any were, does any one know if they still make them? I don't know if I could order one from peavey or not.
      I bought this amp for $20 and the guy I bought it from said it didn't work. I took it home pluged it in and it all worked great, but the tank was unhooked.
      My guitar teacher wired up and nothing.

Thanks.

Comment

Contact PV and ask them what current tank they have that would work. They've probably got something, cos they make lots of amps with Opamp driven tanks
        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

That is not the part number for your reverb pan. The PV part number would be something like 71011114, and the Accutronics type 4EB2C1B.

"Fender reverb pan" is not descriptive. They use a type AB pan in their tube amps, but solid state amps woulod get a EB type more likely. The AB and EB types won;t work in each other's circuits.

Peavey used the 4EB2C1B reverb pan on almost all their models That is the full length pan. One could use the electrically similar 8EB2C1B pan for the shorter size.

Reverb pans of all description are available at reasonable cost from AES - Antique Electronic Supply
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

rv pans

Reverb pans of all description are available at reasonable cost from Accutronics also
            a recent conversation,
            ..."why not just buy an amp?".. 'cause I'll just have to tear it apart and fix it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.jetski View Post
              Reverb pans of all description are available at reasonable cost from Accutronics also

Thanks I'll look in to it.

Comment

Working...
              X