Oops...what could i have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops...what could i have done?

i was removing the chassis, trying a tweak then putting it all back to try it. I accidentally put the speaker cable into the DI out and the audio cable that goes to my processor and into my effects amp i stuck in the speaker jack ! W/O going into detail, lets just say i probably had 10 seconds of guitar going thru it like this with the master at about 2-3. Once i realized what i'd done i quickly turned it off and swapped the cables. When i started playing everything sounded almost normal, but the amp seems like it's thinner and the very top end seems harsh. this isn't real pronounced, and i'm wondering if theres a placebo effect going on here. But i wanted to see if anyone has any ideas as to what if anything could have happened in 10 seconds or so of guitar signal into it like that. I swapped tubes so i know it's not the EL34's. It's a cathode biased home brew by the way. Any ideas?

Edit: By the way, what amazes me is that i had the speaker out going into the processor's input and it appears to work fine still !
    Last edited by daz; 01-09-2010, 03:35 AM.

theres a placebo effect going on here
    DEFINITELY.
    What amazes me is that your processor is still alive.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      DEFINITELY.
      What amazes me is that your processor is still alive.
      Many designers will put 4 diodes back to back across the input of a unit as a crowbar limiter. It will clip any signal over 1.3 volts or so. I always do it in stuff I build or stuff (if it doesn't already have it) different knuckelheads are going to plug in every night.

Comment

yeah, i think thats it. (placebo) I could swear tho.....

Comment

Working...
        X