No announcement yet.

Please explain cascode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happened in Ca. I live in Ca. I can tell you that things like this are the norm here. Criminals have more rights in Ca then law biding people do. what do you expect from a state that allows all the illegals that we can fit here to live happily ever after w/o being deported and paying taxes and allowing them to use our medical care. Everything here is a$$ backwards. If my family and friends weren't all here i'd be long gone. I didn't want to say anything because i knew it would set me off, and as you can see i was right.

Comment

Sorry, guys, I got so tied up in whining about my stolen gear, I forgot to post you a cascode schematic! It's an old one from 1999, but things haven't changed much since then, tube-wise. This one's a bit different, in that it has cathode degeneration on the top and bottom tubes (self-biased). You can change the ratio of the two cathode resistors to modify the symmetry of the clipping characteristics. Here you go:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by raiken; 02-19-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
        https://taweber.powweb.com/store/smokeII_schem.jpg
        I like that schematic best because it's pretty similar to what i have and i can just copy the front end.
        That is not a cascode it is an SRPP, which does not have the high gain or low input capacitance of a cascode (bascially it's not much different from a regular gain stage, nothing pentode-y about it). Not sure what the clipping characteristics are like, but I doubt they look much like a cascode.

Comment

I see. So i wonder if it has any value in generating preamp distortion with a stage or two after it that make it advantageous over regular cascaded stages.
          I think the added gain of a cascode input driving a typical plexi style preamp would be very interesting. Probably similar to a JCM800 preamp with the added gain stage, but I don't know that a cascode provides higher level of gain vs two cascaded triode's. One advantage appears to be a simpler layout. If they approximate the sound of pentodes another advantage could be enhanced harmonics and fuller bandwidth.

Comment

This happened in Ca. I live in Ca. I can tell you that things like this are the norm here.
            Born, raised and lived in Ca. for 37 years myself.

Criminals have more rights in Ca then law biding people do. what do you expect from a state that allows all the illegals that we can fit here to live happily ever after w/o being deported and paying taxes and allowing them to use our medical care. Everything here is a$$ backwards.
            Not exactly... IMHO. But Ca. is VERY liberal over all. But these seemingly a$$ backward laws DO have some consideration. If the pawn shop owner DID come across an item that he thought was legit, or bought it from someone he thought was legit, then... Well, at some point the stuff has to move into general circulation again. Otherwise someone else who paid market price is going to feel like it was stolen from them too.

And as far as the illegals go... Tax leniency and free medical via the state is available to all the white trash in Ca. too. It's not there specifically to benefit the illegals, it's there to benefit the free loaders. Not that that's much better. And the practice of looking the other way regarding illegal labor is a trmendous benefit to the construction and agricultural industries in Ca. Having worked in Ca. as a painting contractor for most of my life I can tell you that for certain. I never had an illegal worker on my crew, But I do know how the game is played. The same practice is fast filtering into surrounding states and up the coast too. I don't agree with it and never supported it in my business. But believe me when I say that Ca. needs the agricultural workers. That is, if you ever want a tomato on your hamburger or a salad again. You just can't get gringos to pick produce or do other nasty farm work for a wage that makes farming possible. Ca. looks the other way to avoid further damage to the economy. In this one respect the illegals are actually helping, not hurting.

If my family and friends weren't all here i'd be long gone.
            I feel the same way. Oh wait, I did move, about three and a half years ago. And let me tell you first hand, you're going to find fault with every states policies somewhere.

Try to see the good in the system. Think of all those homeless, smelly bums that decorate all Ca's down town areas. Or the giant state supplanted hospitals full of pregnant minorities, victms of gang violence and homeless detoxing addicts.

Sorry for the off topic.

Chuck
            Last edited by Chuck H; 02-20-2010, 06:23 AM.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

What does SRPP stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by Groover View Post
                What does SRPP stand for?
                The Tube CAD Journal,SRPP Decoded

SRPP LINE STAGE

The Valve Wizard- SRPP

Classic -- Beijing Yushang Electronic Audio Technology Co.,Ltd

Comment

"Created at the end of 1950s and designed by Japanese designer"

Oops! I think the Japanese might be being optimistic there, since the SRPP was already patented in 1940! espacenet — Bibliographic data

Comment

Originally posted by Merlinb View Post
                    "Created at the end of 1950s and designed by Japanese designer"

Oops! I think the Japanese might be being optimistic there, since the SRPP was already patented in 1940! espacenet — Bibliographic data
                    You can't believe everything you read on the net!

Comment

Working...
                    X