Simplistic NFB question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplistic NFB question

Looking at the attached schematic portion, I have a question about the .1uF cap which is bypassing the lower 4.7K tail resistor to ground in the PI: since there is no presence pot utilized, is this effectively acting as presence wide open or presence permanently dialed back? What would be the effect of lowering the value here to, say, .05uf? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by EFK View Post
    is this effectively acting as presence wide open or presence permanently dialed back?
    Presence wide open.

Originally posted by EFK View Post
    What would be the effect of lowering the value here to, say, .05uf? Thanks!
    The bypassed frequencies would shift up. That is, the presence effect would wouldn't cut as deeply into the bandwidth and only higher frequencies would be boosted.

You could also add a pot to the grounded end of that cap and make it a presence control or if you don't want to drill a hole you could set a presence level you like with a pot and then measure the pots resistance and replace it with a fixed resistor. You can experiment with higher and lower cap values and different resistances to see if any combination really talks to you.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks for that! Cleared it right up for me.

Comment

Working...
      X