Crazy reverb pan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy reverb pan question

I have a dead transducer in a reverb pan that is causing me grief. It's the correct reverb pan for a clone build I did, but Accutronics has stopped making them. It is a 8FB3C1C. In fact, the long spring version is just as hard to find.

Do you think it would be possible to transplant just the transducer from another tank to this one? I'm skeptical because every mechanical connection looks brazed/soldered. I would even consider rewinding the transducer if I knew what gauge wire to use!

Thanks for your advice!

Natman,

Is it the input or output transducer that you need? I have alot of reverb pan parts and I'll have a look. You might be in luck!

Bob M.

Comment

Hey thanks for stepping up Bob! It's the input I need (F designation ~1.925 k).
      Let me know and I can send you a few bucks. I live in Canada for what it's worth.

Comment

Natman,

What color is the plastic bobbin (on the broken transducer)?

Bob M.

Comment

It's red but that doesn't affect anything! I'm not too fussy about appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by Natman View Post
            It's red but that doesn't affect anything! I'm not too fussy about appearances.
            No, for awhile the bobbins were color coded.

It is possible to rewind the bobbins, but getting the bobbin out is a problem. You must drill out the brass rivet that holds the entire assembly together, slide the laminated core off to the side so that the bobbin can be removed. If the springs are glued in place it will be that much harder.

Have you checked to see if the problem is where the coil wire attaches to the leads or terminals? Sometimes they can be repaired without removal.

Worst case, unwind the bobbin onto a paper roll and rewind with the old wire.

Comment

for awhile the bobbins were color coded.
              Wow, thanks for edumacating me. I had a look at the bobbin, got nothing even trying to resolder the pins. I thought I could get more aggressive about it but I need to remove the whole assembly to get at it properly. Heck, since a dead reverb pan serves no purpose I have nothing to lose by trying the operation! Do you have any idea what gauge wire is used for these bobbins? I have some #42 for pickups...

Comment

Natman,

Please send me your email; I think I might be able to help.

Bob M.
                metzmod@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi bob, I sent an email to you a few days ago. Did you get it? I'm still looking for a solution to this problem!

Thanks,
                  N

Comment

Hey all,
                    Here's an update if you care: I was 99% sure the old reverb pan was beyond repair and any salvage mission was a last resort side project just to see if I could do it.

I ordered a MOD reverb pan off ebay because it was the cheapest I could find and my amp CAME ALIVE! It did work with a 8DB**** but with this 9FB**** the signal is SO much stronger! That input impedance is really crucial! I'm a happy camper but now I have a long tank that won't fit the cabinet properly...

Comment

Working...
                    X