No announcement yet.

New schematic for Review, Criticism & Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naww, the short is the line drawn between the two 1.5k grid resistors! That amp might be pretty wimpy, honestly... I was into the three stager more. There are gain stage calcs out there, and the eq pretty much chucks that out the window- you have to calculate it's loss (see duncan's tone stack calc) at various frequencies and then go from there, and don't forget the response the partial bypass will add. I've heard (heh) it's an average of 15db and in the midrange it's even more loss (thats what it's there for!), and that stage preceding it isn't going to make more than 35 db, and the pi has a gain of say 1, (its .99 for a 12ax7) soo at the grids of the power tube, you'll only have 20db more than the input! The last design had like 70db before the phase inverter, a ratio of 1:100,000. Those are all assumptions (except the ratio, it's a product of assumptions : ) and I may be mistaken, but I'm thinking you're going to be let down as I'm not even sure that will drive tubes to full output- if all my bs is correct, and you plug your 100mv tele into it, you'll get a whopping 10v on the grids. The gf/wife/dog/neighbors will love it!

"one more thing", one power tube's grid is grounded, etc!

Comment

What is the +5v tap on the PT for?

Comment

Transformer has a 5v tap as drawn but in this example it's not connected to anything however if you wanted to you could replace the diode bridge with a 5Y3 or 5U4 rectifier in which case you would connect the 5v tap to pins 2 & 8.
        Hey you... Yeah you kid... Ya wanna buy some "Magic Beans"?

Comment

Working...
        X