Looking to buy probes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy probes...

I was just given an oscilloscope: a working Philips PM3212, 25 Mhz dual trace analog scope.

It came without any probes, which I'd like to buy so I can use it. My question: Do I need probes made expressly for just this scope or will any probes work? Must they be Philips brand probes or must they be made for a 25 Mhz scope? Unfortunately, I don't know the answers any of this stuff, I wish I did. If anyone knows a source for probes for what I need, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks much,

Bob M.

I am new to scopes to. I think 'any' 'scope probes will work as long as they are 1 x/10x
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

AFAIK they're all the same. You need to calibrate the scope with them before first use though. If the connector is BNC (http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/AN3J20.jpg) , most probes should work.
      Valvulados

Comment

Does anyone know a source for the above mentioned? Is this a Mouser, Digi-key thing or do I have to buy from a specialized house or manufacturer?

Thanks for your expertise,

Bob M.

Comment

For $26 these probes from Parts Express are reasonably well made. Parts Express

I've also got probes I ordered from Mouser for about the same price, and I prefer the Parts Express probes, slightly higher quality IMHO)

Comment

Here's a recent thread on the subject:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t24389/
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Thanks nvBill and tboy!

Bob M.

Comment

Working...
              X