No announcement yet.

Watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only pidgin. I can understand what músicos e técnicos means and referência, válvulas, amplificadores, and from there (if I stare at it long enough ) I can figure out relacionado à amplificação para instrumentos musicais and stuff like that. ;-) Looks packed with informação!
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
      Only pidgin. I can understand what músicos e técnicos means and referência, válvulas, amplificadores, and from there (if I stare at it long enough ) I can figure out relacionado à amplificação para instrumentos musicais and stuff like that. ;-) Looks packed with informação!
      LOL! That's the best Portuenglish I've read in while!
      Valvulados

Comment

Soa como você começ o. Mim don' t conhece-me o português, mas sabe que a menina de Ipanema é alta e tan, e novo e encantador. O que nós precisamos para que faça é começ uma guitarra ampère.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks !!

I'm flying to Expo Music in São Paulo in 2 days with 500 pounds of just out of the oven guitar speakers, your Portuguese refresher course will definitely help me there.

I'll tell the Ipanema girl you're big fans of her

Seriously now, I'm very happy at your open mindness.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Soa como você começ o. Mim don' t conhece-me o português, mas sabe que a menina de Ipanema é alta e tan, e novo e encantador. O que nós precisamos para que faça é começ uma guitarra ampère.
            Well I almost just spilled coffee all over the keyboard. Thanks for the morning laugh.
            Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              I'm flying to Expo Music in São Paulo in 2 days with 500 pounds of just out of the oven guitar speakers, your Portuguese refresher course will definitely help me there.
              Good luck over there. If I make it to the expo, I'll look for Fahey speakers
              Valvulados

Comment

There is no difference in watts get Guitar music sheet

Comment

The Spammer Empire strikes back.
                  Oh well.
                  Just don't waste time and energy arguing with this software robot, which drops a general purpose phrase vaguely related to what we are discussing, just to post his little link.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Speaking of watts I find it funny that most guitar amps pull less power than a lightbulb. One upside is that if you converted your Marshall into an easy-bake oven, you would in fact have enough power to make a cupcake.

Comment

Ever since I updated my Easy Bake Oven to a energy efficient CFL, my electric bill has gone down, but my cakes come out kinda runny.
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by woodyc View Post
                        Speaking of watts I find it funny that most guitar amps pull less power than a lightbulb. One upside is that if you converted your Marshall into an easy-bake oven, you would in fact have enough power to make a cupcake.
                        If you start comparing the power consumed between things in the average home, you'll eventually realize how stupidly inefficient an automobile is. I think it's the most wasteful device ever, except perhaps for nuclear bombs. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Thousands of kilos of iron, with an engine dissipating tens of kilowatts just to move the average person around. Just for kicks, take the cheapest car you can find and see how many ovens, saunas and showers you could leave on using the same power it takes to drive you a block away.
                        Valvulados

Comment

If I recall correctly, 1 horsepower equals 746 watts.

I'd have to argue about that nuclear bomb though. We might argue that it is a wasteful endeavor trying to blow one another up, but the thing is a marvel of efficiency. SOmething with the explosive power of tens of millions of TONs of TNT, yet would fit in your garage. A few pounds of explosive surrounding a small amount of nuclear material, and we release all the very energy of matter itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
                            If you start comparing the power consumed between things in the average home, you'll eventually realize how stupidly inefficient an automobile is. I think it's the most wasteful device ever, except perhaps for nuclear bombs. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
                            Oh, absolutely. I think we should outlaw autos immediately. Trucks, motorcycles, in fact all internal and external combustion engines of any kind. In fact, anything that uses fire in any form. You can do anything you want, as long as you don't burn any fuel in any form. That would be a lot less wasteful.

Obesity would vanish, and with it all those diseases of modern civilization. Cancer, heart disease, atherosclerosis, diabetes, all gone in an instant, due to the sheer health benefits of what has been called the Neolithic diet. The Neolithic Diet is simplicity itself: you can eat anything you can run down and kill with your bare hands.

And the carbon balance of the planet! How much good would this do for that problem!! No more worrying about your carbon footprint. In fact, overpopulation would cease being an issue too.

There may be a few other temporary disaccomodations, but I'm sure that those can be minimized by making an exception to the "no-fire" rule for those who oversee and make the rules. It's the most logical thing to do!
                            Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
                            X