Fender Twin Reverb (AB763) output wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Twin Reverb (AB763) output wiring

Can someone please enlighten me about the wiring used in a Twin Reverb AB763 output? I'm confused as to why pins 1 and 5 get bridged with a 1.5K resistor and why pins 4 and 6 are bridged with 470 resistors. I realize why they're in the circuit, I just don't know why they're physically located where they are.

According to the 6L6 pinouts, pins 1 and 6 both have no connection. If this is the case, why bridge to these pins? Are there internal connections that are not mentioned on the pinout diagram? Or, are these pins used instead of terminal boards because Leo was "thrifty"?

Cheers,

--Sean

Fender just used them as a convenient termination point.

Comment

Yup.

Comment

They are not bridged per se, I mean they are not trying to connect anything to pins 1 and 6. Since those two pins are not used by the 6L6, they are a handy place to use as a terminal strip. The resistor to pin 5 wants to be a close to that opin as possible, so it doesn;t get any closer than right there. The far end of the resistor has to go somewher, so unused pin 1 is convenient, rather than trailing the resistor lead off to some eyelet.

Same with the 470 ohm to pin 4, rather than string the resistor from pin 4 over air space to the eyelet board, they just solder it to empty pin 6 nearby, and then a wire from there off to the power supply.

Thrifty Leo is the answer.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, all! It's good to know I'm not going insane (in this facet of my life, anyway).

Comment

Working...
          X