Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Books On-Line

Calling all Bookworms!

In the spirit of helping out fellow ampagers who are looking for good reading material, here are a few hyperlinks to technical books that you can read for free on-line:

1. Pete Millett's Technical Books On-Line.

Pete Millett is a DIY HiFi enthusiast. He has a good site for HiFi that is hosted at www.pmillett.com. A few months ago Pete started a project of scanning old technical books that people had sent him, and hosting the PDF files on the web. The result is Pete Millett's Technical Books On-Line. On this site you'll find the mother lode of tube tech books in PDF format. Some of the many particularly noteworthy titles include:

Crowhurst's Hi Fi Circuit Design
    York's Amplifiers
    GEC's Approach to AF Amp Design
    RCA's Electron Tube Design (not for the feint of heart!)

2. Jack Darr's Electric Guitar Amplifier Handbook.

This is considered by many to be the "Bible" of guitar amp repair. Highly recommended. (This site is hosted by Pacific Recone.)

3. Norman Crowhurst's Audio Classroom.

This page holds a collection of articles that were written by Norman Crowhurst. They have been republished by Audio Express.

4. The AX84 P1 Document.

This is an outstanding technical read that walks through the theory behind the design of a simple guitar amplifier. If you haven't read it already, read it now! Hosted by The AX84 Cooperative Tube Amp Project.

If anyone can provide other links to good on-line books, please post them here. Perhaps we'll get lucky and this thread will become sticky.
    Last edited by bob p; 04-12-2007, 11:49 PM.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Sorry,I got no links bob,just wanted to comment on the Jack Darr book.One of my favorites,I still have the copy that was given to me back in '69,a great link as well,its all there,not just excerpts.Just saw your PM,hope those tubes work out for you.

Comment

Working...
    X