Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond 290SX PT for Super Reverb

Hello

I am starting a 50W Super Reverb(sans Tremolo) build soon using a donor chassis that requires a vertical mount PT instead of the standard through chassis mount. I have a Hammond 290SX transformer that I hope to use. Do you see any potential issues using this transformer for this build?

290SX
    330-0-330 1.5A taps
    53v 0.75A bias supply
    6.3V 3.75A filament supply

Build Specs:
    SS Rectifier
    6L6 X 2
    12AT7 X 2 (Reverb driver and PI)
    12AX7 X 4

Thanks in advance

It should be ok, but note: The secondary is 330VCT, not 330-0-330. You should use a full wave bridge rectifier.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Hi Loudthud

I see that know. 330 VCT(165-0-165 OR 0-165-330 etc..) I will use a full wave on the 2 outer taps leaving the CT unconnected which translates to about 330v X 1.41 correct?

Thanks for the very quick reply.

Cheers

Comment

Correct, less about 1.4 volts for the voltage drop across whichever 2 diodes in the solid state bridge are conducting at the time.

Martin

Comment

Ok. I was wrong. I no longer have that transformer but I did find one that has roughly 340VCT. It's a bit high maybe I could stick a couple 10v 5W zener diodes between the full wave rec and ground to drop the B+?

Comment

Working...
          X