No announcement yet.

Want to build the ultimate "small gig" amp- perhaps two, for stereo use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should checkout the Kendrick Texas T control. It's basically a pot and cap in series across the treble cap in the typical Fender tone stack. It's said to go from Blackface to Tweed and anywhere in between.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

2 princeton reverbs
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
        You should checkout the Kendrick Texas T control. It's basically a pot and cap in series across the treble cap in the typical Fender tone stack. It's said to go from Blackface to Tweed and anywhere in between.
        I read about that in guitar player. Sounds interesting. Have you tried it?

jamie

Comment

I'm gonna bump this up to the top again. I'm working on a new pedalboard that will use RG's switching methods or possibly even a microcontroller to switch a lot of different distortion/overdrive effects. I'm debating- do I want small amps that will sound "tubey" at lower volume or do I want 50 to 100 watters that will always be really clean?

What about fixed versus cathode biased?

There are too many options! I want it all!

jamie

Comment

Working...
          X