Constructing rever dirver/collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructing rever dirver/collector

I have a reverb pan that I like to jam into my current build. The problem being that I've never designed a reverb driver or collector. Specs that I got from looking up the ID (9GB2C1B) on the net:
    Input: imp. 8333 Ohm / 735 DC Ohm
    Output: imp. 2575 Ohm / 200 DC Ohm

Edit, if anyone could help me start the designing of the reverb circuitry...
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

That looks an unusual pan, to have such a high input impedance; could probably be driven by a cathode follower?
    Accutronics have a good support page, see applications tab ::::::::: Accu Bell Sound Inc :::::::::
    Pete.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

First state: Tube or SS?
      And yes, the page pdf refers to is excellent, covers most bases.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hmm... solid state, actually, I didn't even consider it... I think I'll stick with tubes for now, the chassis I'm remodelling has room for 8 9-pin sockets and I have 2 slots to go. One slot could do with a reverb driver tube in it, I guess. I'm going to try to come up with something and report back. I have on reverb transformer so it'll have to be only tube.

Cheers!

Comment

If tubes, take a hard good look at the classic transformerless AMPEG Tube reverb drivers.
          They *demand* high impedance tanks.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            If tubes, take a hard good look at the classic transformerless AMPEG Tube reverb drivers.
            They *demand* high impedance tanks.
            Thanks I will!

Comment

Working...
            X