Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 8K:16ohm OT. Suggestions

Hey all.

I have a 1964 Gibson GA-8T that is not the version you see on the common Gibson GA-8t internet schematics. Mostly, those schematics are the 5Y3 rectifier version with the 6BM8s. Mine has two 6BQ5s in push pull and is the same amp as an Epiphone Devon EA-35T.

It uses a 8k:8ohm OT with a stock 8ohm Jensen. I would like to install a 16ohm 25w Celestion Greenback.

Anyone out there know a source for an OT with a 8k primary and a 16 ohm secondary? (or better, a 8/16 or 4/8/16 secondary)?

B+ is about 285 from a 6CA4

Muchas Gratefullness
    Tim

Tim,
    Try the output tranny from the 5E3 kit from here:
    mablexporting.com
    You could also use their 2 x EL84 HiFi Output Tranny, just don't connect the Ultralinear wires on the primary. I've used them for Push Pull 6V6 quite successfully.

If you have heaps of money then Hammond 1608 HiFi or Hammond 1760E replacement guitar amp tranny Hammond Mfg. - REPLACEMENT & UPGRADES - Tube Guitar Amplifier - Output Transformers

Cheers,
    Ian

Comment

You can get away with running the 16 ohm speaker as it is.

Comment

I like these OT's just confirm that the dimensions will work for you.

EDCOR - CXPP25-MS-8K

They are high quality and may be a little beefier than what was in there, but that shouldn't hurt if you don't mind a bit more punch. And the price is pretty darn good too.

Comment

Mojotone make a 5E3 transformer with 16/8/4 ohm secondary taps.

Mojo Transformers » Tweed Deluxe Output Transformer with 4, 8 and 16 OHM Secondary SPECIAL!!!

Comment

Working...
          X