Basic Math for Tube Amp Geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Math for Tube Amp Geeks

I was googling around today and I found this doucment. It consolidates lots of useful information for anyone who's interested in working on a tube amp. The document is only a draft, and it's never been finished, but... WOW! What a great document for people who are learning to work on amps.

Basic Math for Tube Amp Geeks
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Here's a direct copy of the PDF that I've uploaded here. I hope the attachment feature is working.

math.pdf
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

The pdf works, but even if it didn;t the link was good. The forum problems with files don;t seem to affect links.

There are some great old resources at this site:
      Boatanchor Pix

AMong them is a similar book full of formulae and other useful stuff, I used one of these from the 1950s when I was learning:
      Allied Radio Table of Contents
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Tube Math Worksheet from VT52 has many useful equations for tube amp design.

Comment

Working...
        X