No announcement yet.

bf Bassman project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything new in there came from Doug Hoffman's online store, except for the Radio Shack 18AWG wire and tubes from NBS Electronics.

Glad you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by justinbelshe View Post
      except for the Radio Shack 18AWG wire
      FYI I have yet to see any lead wire at Radio Shack rated over 300V. I have used it in 400 volt applications without incident...Yet. I thought you might like to know for future reference so you can order your lead wire ahead of time and get the 600V rating.

Chuck
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hoffman Caps

Justin,
        Thanks for the tip. I have added Hoffman Amps to my favorites. I'll stroll his shop for stuff going forward.

BTW, I did look at his page and did not find those sexy caps you found. I'll take that up with Hoffman though. I want some of those caps! They are a areal nice way to do the Fender pre-amp tube bypass set.

Comment

Originally posted by KingCameron View Post
          Justin,
          Thanks for the tip. I have added Hoffman Amps to my favorites. I'll stroll his shop for stuff going forward.

BTW, I did look at his page and did not find those sexy caps you found. I'll take that up with Hoffman though. I want some of those caps! They are a areal nice way to do the Fender pre-amp tube bypass set.
          http://www.hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/catalog/parts4.htm

Scroll down a bit, they're Spragues.

Comment

amazing! Makes me want to make my own turret boards, or sneak into your house and make a few while you're sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by KingCameron View Post

I love the dual-stage 25uf caps you are using for bypass caps in the pre-amp. Those are super sexy! Can you please tell me where I can acquire some of those.
              TAD (tubeampdoctor.de) does offer great dual 25u-replacement-caps, don't know which shop in the usa does sell it but afaik they can be purchased in the usa (try: cedist, mojotone, etc.)
              Love, peace & loudness,
              Chris
              http://www.CMWamps.com

Comment

Working...
              X