How to secure cover for Hammond chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to secure cover for Hammond chassis

Seems like it should be an easy one. Just finished my first amp, a 5E3. It is built into a small Hammond aluminum chassis. I cannot think of a way to attach nuts to the chassis so I can screw the cover onto the bottom.

Any ideas?

You can use sheet metal screws. You can use tinnermans nuts. Those are those black springy metal things that are folded over. You snap them onto the edge with a chearance hole drilled for the screw itself. Crate used to use them, as well as others. they have sorta fallen from favor lately.

You can use pop rivets. You'd have to drill them out to open it late, but four of them can be drilled in a minure easily.

You could nibble out square holes and mount cage nuts lke all the amps in the world use these days.

Or if you plan to mount the amp in a wodden cab, put metal screen of aluminum foil on the inside of the cab as a cover when the chassis is in place. Just like Fender and all do now.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X