Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestion on easy breadboard for tube amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestion on easy breadboard for tube amps?

Is there any breadboard selling or any suggestion of making a breadboard for easier experiment on different circuits of tube amps? For low voltage, there is boards you stick wires in and plug IC and transistor in and build circuit very fast. Obviously this does not work that well for HV. Please advice.

Thanks

I don't ever remember a tube circuit suitable type breadboard commercially available.

There are a couple of previous discussions you can checkout at
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t33639/
    and
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t8116/

I have used salvaged chassis from old equipment. Stripped out the original circuit and left the power supply intact. The experimental circuit was done by just solder tacking the connections. Still a lot of work. Most of my experimenting is done by making various mods to existing circuits. Turns out to be a lot of work either way. But it's fun.

Tom

Comment

Just go with the generic eyelet boards. Easy to load and unload and if done on something like G10 they are very stable for a long time. Further, if you have a circuit you like you can just drill a couple of holes and mount it in a chassis.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks everybody.

Comment

I use PTFE board with these screwmount turrets:
          Amp Maker: Guitar amp kits and parts :: Turrets + tools :: Screwmount turrets

I self tap them as described in the link, which is fine for prototyping although I wouldn't want to use them like that in a permanent way. Once I'm happy with a layout I'll stake it with regular turrets.

Comment

Working...
          X