Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why some amps use two triode in parallel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am excluding Britain in the following comment, they are tough. When chips are down, Britain is always on our side and they fought Hitler all the way.

I am not going go into politics much, just wish Americans wise up and stop protecting the rest of Europe. They want our protection, pay up. Those ungrateful nations like France. We saved their sorry butt from Hitler already.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan0354 View Post
      Those ungrateful nations like France. We saved their sorry butt from Hitler already.
      I didn't get the impression you were old enough to be a WWII veteran?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
        I didn't get the impression you were old enough to be a WWII veteran?
        I am not, I am a Chinese, not white American, but I am a proud American. I look at things objectively. I don't care the past history, but I do care how other country treated us. Canada had no stake back in the days, you guys fought side by side with us in Europe along with Britain................... American has to know who's our friends and who's not.

I was from Hong Kong back in Mow's days, you don't know what is fear until you live in that part of the world. Asked the older people from the Eastern block countries before, how's the Communism working.

United State is going to rebound, just like from Carter days. I just feel sorry for Europe. I don't know how they are going to get out of "working less hours, more vacations, free healthcare" and then not producing enough to export to sustain their economy.
        Last edited by Alan0354; 03-12-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hitler all the way
          That's it, you're done! Thread over. You have Godwinned yourself. We should stop feeding this troll.

Comment

Perhaps a little negative feedback in order on this thread. This is waaaay way OT guys, which is a shame, because I actually learned something early on in this thread.
            The prince and the count always insist on tubes being healthy before they're broken

Comment

Yikes! Looks like from #89 on this should be moved to Soapbox. Where it would be OK.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                That's it, you're done! Thread over. You have Godwinned yourself. We should stop feeding this troll.
                Are you like those liars that clipped off part of the sentence and make it like I said "Hitler all the way". I did not take you are so low, this is REALLY LOW. You don't do things like this. This is lying out right and smearing.

The whole sentence is "Britain is always on our side and they fought Hitler all the way."

I am starting to loose respect towards you.
                Last edited by Alan0354; 03-12-2014, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Are you like those liars that clipped off part of the sentence and make it like I said "Hitler all the way". I did not take you are so low.

The whole sentence is "Britain is always on our side and they fought Hitler all the way."

I am starting to loose respect towards you.
                  Lighten up. I did it because this is the theory forum. Your political diatribe has no place here. As Leo said it should be in Soapbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                    Lighten up...this is the theory forum...
                    Right. We should discuss more relevant topics such as: Who is better? Jeannie or Samantha. (In theory that is)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                      Lighten up. I did it because this is the theory forum
                      And not political theory. I'm trying to put together some experiments. First problem, Heathkit power supply has a couple hundred millivolts of sub-sonic noise on it. Tried filtering with 10H 22uF, small improvement. Measuring noise is hard. Preliminary result hooking the plates together of two 100K 1.5K//47uf 12AX7LPS stages increased the gain about 0.1dB and the noise went down 1.2dB. Not what I expected. I may be too close to AM radio (50KW) and TV (5 MegaW) stations for reliable results.
                      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

• Too bad the mods can't delete significant portions of the posts 13 through 99 so we can keep this thread focused on information, not acrimony.

Can we summarize:
                        -what are the advantages of parallel triode stages?
                        -what are the disadvantages? There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Comment

• Good lord!

All of you, PLEASE, STOP IT. Don;t go for the last word, don;t wait for someone else top stop first. Just QUIT. Leave the politics, the history, the comparative geography for down at the bottom of the forum. You want to talk about Obama, Osama, Botswana, fine, do it down below. Not here.

Please.

Oh, and definitely Jeannie...
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                            Good lord!

All of you, PLEASE, STOP IT. Don;t go for the last word, don;t wait for someone else top stop first. Just QUIT. Leave the politics, the history, the comparative geography for down at the bottom of the forum. You want to talk about Obama, Osama, Botswana, fine, do it down below. Not here.

Please.

Oh, and definitely Jeannie...
                            The voice of reason, as always.

I had to google those young ladies. I am undecided. More research is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan0354 View Post
                              They want our protection, pay up. Those ungrateful nations like France. We saved their sorry butt from Hitler already.
                              But France saved your sorry butt from the English during the war of independence. So how long are these national 'obligations' supposed to hold? A hundred years? One lifetime? Or do they only hold when someone owes something to America, but not the other way around?
                              Last edited by Merlinb; 03-12-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlinb View Post
                                But France saved your sorry butt from the English during the war of independence. So how long as these national 'obligations' supposed to hold? A hundred years? One lifetime? Or do they only hold when someone owes something to America, but not the other way around?
                                America sure safe France and Europe by protecting them from Soviet. Without us, your sorry butt will be fried. We protect oil mainly for your benefit. We sure have our own oil. Americans should boycott Europe by not travel there, not buying their product.....which is very easy. Other than Mercedes and BMW etc, There not much worth wanting.

Comment

Working...
                                X