• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
    to guarantee some vintage hum
    LOL!
    --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Samwha capacitors. Usually the lowest cost parts available for 22uF at 450V and parts marked 85C and 105C look the same except for the markings.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Haa. Check out the 18w superlite TMB schematic. it might look similar

Comment

Originally posted by gui_tarzan View Post
          Please tell me that's not a production amp...
          If only it were true... here is the thread over at TAG.

Comment

Originally posted by jazbo8 View Post
            If only it were true... here is the thread over at TAG.
            Weeeellll, being "boutique" has absolutely nothing to do with stellar sound or even construction, but only "attitude" ,,,, which is as cheap as 1 cent a Ton

FWIW I´m growing a 1 foot long, unkempt salt and pepper beard, which by itself should add $1000 to the value of any of my products
            I do definitely *look* like a Guru.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If that's the case I should be able to come up with some "boutique" amps with a lot of attitude. They may not work right but they will scream bad-nasty!

--Jim

Comment

Originally posted by gui_tarzan View Post
                If that's the case I should be able to come up with some "boutique" amps with a lot of attitude. They may not work right but they will scream bad-nasty!
                Guys - I was just having a bit of fun at the expense of Two Rock, despite how the amp looks, it works fine, in fact, according to the reviewer - one of the best he ever played. The same could be said for many old production amps with haphazard wiring/layout (Fender, Gibson, etc.) so there is no "right way" to build amps... I could not bear the thought of "wild & crazy" wiring/layout even if the amp is just for my own use let alone for customers, but that's just me...

Comment

I was just kidding, I know you were. That wiring is just insane and I get a kick out of boutique amp makers that charge a bazillion dollars for their super duper better than anything else creation. Come on, it's an RCA circuit (more or less) modified by a few people in the 1940s and it blossomed from there. Marshall's first amp was an almost direct clone of the Bassman.

I was at a music swap meet in Grand Rapids last winter and listened to a boutique amp maker explain to a guy why he should buy from him instead of Fender or Marshall or any of the other mega companies that are going to be around for a while. The amp builder had to be in his early 60s and I'm thinking, how much longer are you going to be able to build and warranty these? I'm not against the cottage industry whatsoever, I just thought it was interesting.
                  --Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X