Fender rectifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender rectifiers

I'm trying to figure out wht to build with a PT that I have. The thing with this one is that it doesn't have the red/blue tap as most Fender PTs I've tinkered with. Is there an alternative to this? How do I build a rectifier without the red/blue tap?
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

So as we not guessing, I think it would best to know as much as possible about this PT. What information do you have on windings, voltages and ratings?
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by überfuzz View Post
      I'm trying to figure out wht to build with a PT that I have. The thing with this one is that it doesn't have the red/blue tap as most Fender PTs I've tinkered with. Is there an alternative to this? How do I build a rectifier without the red/blue tap?
      Red/yellow typically used for center tap. Red/blue bias tap. If you have neither, the transformer is intended for a full-wave bridge rectifier. Have a peek at schematics for mid/late-70's Twins with screen-grid taps on the OT's, these have bridge rectifier supplies.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Sorry for being so vague... The idea is to use the PT in some fender like build. But as you probably got is that I don't know how to wire this type of PT.

The taps (this is from the top of my head)
        two 260 VAC
        two ~3 VAC

This would give me ~360 VDC and ~6 VAC to use as heater current. I don't know how get a proper bias circuit (I plan to use 5881 as power tubes).

Comment

Hey uberfuzz,

Check out the 6G2, 6G3, & 6G11, brown Princeton, Deluxe, & Vibrolux schematics. They get the bias off a HT leg with a large-value resistor. Just follow it up to the point where the bias feeds the tremolo. I did it on an EL84 build, works fine. HTH,

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by überfuzz View Post
            Sorry for being so vague... The idea is to use the PT in some fender like build. But as you probably got is that I don't know how to wire this type of PT.

The taps (this is from the top of my head)
            two 260 VAC
            two ~3 VAC

This would give me ~360 VDC and ~6 VAC to use as heater current. I don't know how get a proper bias circuit (I plan to use 5881 as power tubes).
            Good for EL84 or 6V6 amps, self-biased then you don't need a negative V supply. Think Tweed Deluxe, something like that.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Aha, then I really should give the amp a fenderish tremolo while I'm at it.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
              X