No announcement yet.

Reverb Pan Impedance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...under controlled atmosphere conditions!
    Some goofy group would probably file a complaint if you did that today.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I dunno. For anyone to legally lodge a complaint they'd have to demonstrate the difference between "pretty" and "not pretty" and that O.C. Electronics Inc. held the same views in order to be discriminatory. That would put any prosecutor in a pretty uncomfortable position. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Unless it's the "atmosphere" you think someone will have a problem with and I'm way off base.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Oh, someone would claim it objectifies women based upon appearance. I remember the Dean girls, and the protests over them.

years ago, the Dean company advertised the Dean Baby guitars with Dean girls - women wearing bathing suits holding the product. Someone objected.

No one was breaking the law, nothing to prosecute, but in the world of marketing, bad press is just as important to avoid.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Oh, someone would claim it objectifies women based upon appearance. I remember the Dean girls, and the protests over them.

years ago, the Dean company advertised the Dean Baby guitars with Dean girls - women wearing bathing suits holding the product. Someone objected.

No one was breaking the law, nothing to prosecute, but in the world of marketing, bad press is just as important to avoid.
          Some might argue that there's no such thing as bad press when it comes to visibility. Witness reality T.V. celebrities!

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

yes, and politicians. "Say whatever you want about me, just spell my name right." is an old classic.

But that is not selling a product. Subway is holding its breath hoping the Jared thing doesn't rub off on them. McDonalds is constantly fighting off rumors their burgers contain worms or kangaroo meat. (actual things) never mind that either of those cost a lot more than beef and would serve no purpose. Remember the pink meat - "pink slime" scare of maybe three years ago? Processed meat providers were scrambling to let us know they had stopped using it.

I doubt the kids who were in the market for a Dean Baby guitar cared much, and I really doubt anyone outside the amp repair business even would be aware of those reverb pans' labels. But in this day, no one would likely hazard such a label. The local Ladies League gets wind of it, and when the time comes to expand the plant or add a parking lot, they show up at city hall to protest. Not worth it.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Also note that the label used the term "girls" which will, in itself, cause issues with some groups.

Comment

I like the MOD tanks a lot.....they are WAY better than the Belton or Belton-owned Accutronics stuff.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
                  Also note that the label used the term "girls" which will, in itself, cause issues with some groups.
                  You mean because it implies they are young??

Child Help Wanted - Video Clip | South Park Studios

Comment

Well, put it this way, try walking into a bar somewhere and call some of the men there "boy".

Comment

This happens to me sometimes but I don't feel like an offended little boy. I usually just think the people that say it are totally old. Then I cherish my youth.

I could see how others might find this scenario more aggravating.

Comment

Yup Depending on your geography it's pretty normal to be called "boy" if your 45 and the guy saying it is 50 I know a couple of people (older than me) that do it and I wondered for a long time, when does the statute run out on that? 40? 50? Answer: It doesn't.

But indeed, a bar is a very good place to accidentally do it to the wrong person.

Comment

Working...
                        X