No announcement yet.

Tube Guitar Amplifier Overdrive Webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never met a Kiwi I didn't like. I visited your southern Island in 1991 while flying shuttles between Christchurch and McMurdo Ice Station in the Antarctic. I fell in love with the place. Spectacularly beautiful landscape and infested with some of the nicest people on the planet.
    https://RobRobinette.com/Amp_Stuff.htm

Comment

Originally posted by QUIX4U + WSTLNZ
      "The technical reasons why we love the sound of tubes are actually few and not at all mysterious to QES. The truth of the matter is that tube sound and dynamics are not only entirely achievable without tubes or anything digital involved, but the effect can and has been improved upon by QES."

George Kay - QES Chief Engineer/Co-Founder
      [unquote]
      This section of the forum is about 'Theory and Design'. If you can tell us about the 'theory' that George is using or how his 'design' works, it would be interesting.
      However, if that information is proprietary, then there is nothing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Irving View Post
        This section of the forum is about 'Theory and Design'. If you can tell us about the 'theory' that George is using or how his 'design' works, it would be interesting.
        However, if that information is proprietary, then there is nothing for us.
        Malcolm - I think it's just spam nonsense - ignore it.
        Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

My Dad has always expounded at great length, about his prowess at learned (written) knowledge, considering he got DUX at both his primary school and high school.

As?
          He hasn't forgotten anything he learnt .. (he has an almost perfect photographic memory, for dates, places and names to faces)

Sadly - he's now slowly starting to lose his ability to "retain" new information (new memory) .. but hey -- computers lose that ability too, when their "memory" gets too full.

Plus -- at nearly 102 .. it's about time the old sod started forgetting things.
          Is your Dad still alive?
          WOW !!! a Gift from God !!!!!!
          I saw the picture you posted when he was "just" 94 with your Son, then 24

That aside, and with due respect, I see you got over excited by finding such a bunch of cool / handsome / intelligent / sexy / sporty / (add your own) people all under one roof (MEF, that is )that you let your emotions take control of your self and overposted.

May I suggest:
          1) Welcome to the Forum

2) post whatever you consider interesting, but start with 1 (one) and wait for responses, then carry on with the dialogue as needed, otherwise it *looks* like you are not interested in listening but just in talking

3) from your slideshow I guess you are interested in wild but beautiful places, fences, spatial information decoding, multichannel reproduction, the visible colour scale , rainbows Family and stuff.
          Fine with me, ... just don't choke us , and ... leave something for Tomorrow

4) old posts are exactly that, old, most people featured in them has left long since, I suggest keeping up to date on fresher stuff

5) take care
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Oh Quix, you've been given an extra chance, considering your lack of experience on Forum ways, but you seem not to have appreciated or even noticed it.

I'm certain you have a lot to offer, but if it comes surrounded with conflict, maybe it will very quickly lose any value.

For one I won't check your FB page nor listen to your song, and will probably skip any thread you post in, how's that.

The personal attack on nickb is absolutely unwarranted and if you can't control yourself on a Forum, please do without it, as you did for the last 70 years.

And repeating 2 long posts without even waiting for the first to be answered, speaks volumes about your commitment.

Want to speak about your discovery and inventions? ... ok, go ahead, but stick to it , wait for comments (if any) and endure what they say, whether you like it or not.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

......I am just a poor "old" kiwi inventor who found something (when he was barely 12 years old, in 1965) that absolutely no-one else anywhere in the world has EVER found.
              Irrespective as to how well "qualified" they contend that they are, over an obviously dumb kiwi (whose thoughts are - or must be - [SPAM] because someone can't get their own head around the fact - that I found it (and they didn't).?
              Is SGM back?
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

No, it must be a lost cousin or something. Can't be SGM. Because:
                1. He hasn't used an ice hammer to bias an amp.
                2. Or hated on Messa Boogers.
                3. Or called Juan a bully.
                4. Or g1 an idiot.
                5. And he didn't get a lesson from Danny Gatton.
                6. Aaaaaaand, HE HASN'T USED THE WORD "CRATE-PEG" YET!

Justin
                "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                  4. Or g1 an idiot.

Justin
                  It's early. There's still time.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Maybe not, given the number of reports... >:O
                    Definitely see the inspiration, though... Oh, wait - he didn't invent silver mica caps, either! And he's dissing tubes. SGM would NEVER do that - the ONLY way to sound good to him is to make your tubes in your Marshall scream for holy mercy.

Justin
                    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Whats an sgm?
                      sgm

Comment

Sums it up nicely... shall we go deeper?

Justin

Comment

I think it might be nice if we just put this one to bed. I'm pretty sure Rob rob has plenty to think about for his re-write. We've gone so far astray I don't know if we'll ever find our way back. This is one of those threads that can take on a life of its own. I've been reading but not contributing to this one because it's "one of those" threads that seem to end up like this one has.

As was stated earlier, I don't think any EE or PhD's out there will be going to his site. I think it has a wealth of info on it and have it in my favorites. As a hobbyist who has learned a few things along the way, I feel his site has a lot to offer and am sure he will come up with a great re-write. And if he has a few opinions of his own about sound, well that's OK. It's his site! I've been to other sites that let their opinions show through. Major props to Rob for putting himself in the line of fire to try to get it right!!
                          Turn it up so that everything is louder than everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                            4. Or g1 an idiot.
                            Justin
                            Or been paid $100k to wire the founder of Tennis.com's house, or ordered custom $10k ceramic caps for a Marshall...good times... ......

To be fair the Quix has worn out his welcome much faster than SGM I believe, perhaps we should try to give "zero negative feedback and a very nearly perfect hyperbolic tangent overload characteristic" for a little while longer?
                            Last edited by tedmich; 01-12-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Sure sounds by the replies you guys are talking to a bot.
                              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X