Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just scored a dozen 6111s. Looking for some good ideas for projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a dozen 6111s. Looking for some good ideas for projects.

I'm thinking about maybe a bootstrapped mu-follower as an piezo boost/impedance buffer. I drew up a small circuit using 7895s a while ago, but ill look at the curves when I get back and throw up a schematic. I was thinking about an all tube phase vibrato/chorus effects pedal as well. I'm all geek'ed up about 'em, i love the sound of these tubes for whatever reason! Anyone have any cool project ideas for these submini's?
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

You probably have this but for others - might help with suggestions:
    http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/f...8/6/6111WA.pdf

Dual sub-miniature triode - with zero bias and plate volts of 100V => 8.5mA plate current, mu of 20. i.e. sub into 12AU7, 6CG7, 6FQ7 and similar circuits but without the cathode bias resistor.

Cheers,
    Ian

Comment

Look at these little beauties...

Click image for larger version

Name:	6111_tube•1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	841808

Click image for larger version

Name:	6111_tube•2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	708.4 KB
ID:	841809

Yup, these should do just fine spending the rest of their days in some effects pedals. I think I've convinced myself into designing/building a phase•vibrato•chorus(and what the hell, may as well throw in a tremolo option in there as well). Most guitarists I know seem to have at least one effects unit which haunts them into the an endless pursuit; leading them to try every one they can get their hands on, modding and tweaking the ones which they have, or a combination of both trying to find the one that sounds like it does when they imagine it- they way they know it can sound. For some its the perfect Wah pedal, others its the perfect overdrive. For me, its that Leslie/univibe style sound. I don't even really use it all that much, but when its right, its like... I don't know; it's like the perfect meal or something.
      But I digress. I got ahead of myself daydreaming about the perfect vibe sound and now I can't remember what the hell I meant to post about... Oh yeah!(I remember now)
      Do you guys have any opinions on which direction to take with this circuit? There is the common Univibe style circuit setup which sounds great. But, I really like Dorf's vibrato circuit design also. Well, I've never heard it, but I think its intellectually creative and clever.
      Also, I've decided to use a solid state LFO for the design, but my experience with anything other than basic oscillator circuits is pretty limited. I snagged a couple of IC chips from a buddy of mine. One is a CD4046B PLL and the other is a 2206CP(which I think is a function generator). I want the LFO to be able to generate different waveforms for the oscillating signal. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way to do that, but I'm glad for this gives me the opportunity to learn something new
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X