Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTH? NOS CC Resistors don't measure anywhere close to stated values!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    I closed the shop quite a while ago, but it still sits here as I piddle away sorting through things. We are nibbling away at it. Doesn't help that I have been fighting off a low energy phase the last month or so. Sometimes I am sharp, other times I have trouble focusing. Hey, I am old and worn out.

I need to get the wife over here with her camera so I can bite the bullet and make ebay my job for a while. Not that they were here, but I finally took most of my guns to the gun shop. They sent my model 1911 off to a smith for an assessment, it needs a little work.

Enzo,
    What kind of shop did/do you have? I'm a newcommer, so I'm not sure what anyones background is.

I will say this though, someone in Michigan came up with the brilliant notion of opening up donut shops that offer the convenience of providing Live Bait as well. Apparently, the idea caught on like wildfire because last time I was was in Michigan, they were everywhere. (Probably not as common in Detroit, I imagine, but I wasn't there). I had to get out of Michigan though, the minows were too tempting of an impulse buy every time I needed donuts.
    Last edited by SoulFetish; 08-23-2016, 09:30 PM.
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Here in Chicago, donuts are bait. For people.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
        Here in Chicago, donuts are bait. For people.
        ...mmmm. I haven't had a donut in 10 years. Sounds delicious.
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Just don't eat the ones with a thin string trailing off from them...

We have live bait shops, and we have Tim Horton's everywhere. Not seen them combined.

Your places sound like Northern Michigan to me.

I owned/operated a pro audio repair shop for 30 years. Warranty center for most major brands. Prior to that was in the music scene, toured as a sound man, was active in other industries. Spent some time as a radio personality. I now live in an old folks apartment.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

We have live bait shops, and we have Tim Horton's everywhere. Not seen them combined.
            There's a shop near us where the owners combined everything they could think of to make a buck.
            Shaved ice stand / live bait and tackle / bail bondsman / pony rides on Saturdays.
            I know I'm missing a few. I think no donuts. EDIT: Or audio repair.
            Last edited by rjb; 08-24-2016, 11:36 AM.
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

...and I thought Ohio was odd because they have drive-through liquor stores.

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Just don't eat the ones with a thin string trailing off from them...
                You're not kiddin'! I won't make THAT mistake a third time...

Comment

The one time I was driving through the Bible Belt, I remember every billboard having some kind of "Hell Message" in giant letters, then at the bottom in tiny script, "Eat at Joe's Muffin Depot & ATV Tire Repair & Quilt Shop"...

When I went past the actual store, I think it was the same owner who owned the entire strip of five shops, and then just ran between the five, to whichever one currently had a customer. Some may call it hillbilly or redneck, but, if you can get the bills paid on time and feed the family, why not? At least you're not going to the same place doing the same thing every day. A little variety is nice.

Justin
                  "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                  "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                  "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

sort of like Wall Drug?

Comment

Did he switch hats?
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                        There's a shop near us where the owners combined everything they could think of to make a buck.
                        I drove by today and noticed they had a sign for live soft shell crabs.
                        Even though I love soft shell sandwiches, the idea of buying them at a bait shop.....
                        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Fish ain't the only people eyeing bait...
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                          X