By popular demand, and because....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GainFreak View Post

By the way what's all that fuzz about this amp? I don't see anything exotic or unusual.
    None, and none was expressed. I posted it because in another thread where i asked some questions about what i was doing to it i had a lot of replies most of which told me in no uncertain terms i need to post a schematic. So after being poked and prodded ad nausium i did ! I nor anyone else ever suggested it was anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by GainFreak View Post
      Yes. Set it in the middle and measure. One half should give you the taper percentage.

By the way what's all that fuzz about this amp? I don't see anything exotic or unusual.
      This amp, and one other design of daz's have been the subject of perhaps 8000 to 10,000 posts since 2007 and no one has ever seen a schematic of either before now. Nothing "special" per se'. Just that it's daz's tone and special to him.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

double post

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Not true chuck. You probably don't remember them but i posted many of the other amp. I just did a search for old posts of mine and the first one i clicked on who;s title would suggest i need to post a schemaic and theres a schematic in the 1st post. trust me, i posted many. Check it out, heres one from early 2014... http://music-electronics-forum.com/t35976/

Comment

My bad. I vaguely remember that now. I thought my "story" above was funnier though

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              My bad. I vaguely remember that now. I thought my "story" above was funnier though
              Yeah, you're a regular slappy white.

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                Clips are worthless because they don't give you a clue how the amp feels, only the tone and even then only a ballpark idea of it. Then you gotta capture on mic what you hear and have it translate when played over a PC. It's ridiculous to even compare the result to what the player hears and feels in the room with the amp and his hands on the guitar.
                I agree with you 100%! What has always been important to me as a guitarist is how an amp or rig responds to my playing... "finger English" is what I like to call it. Adding a nice analog FX pedal to the mix can often improve the sound and response of a good tube amp.

:
                While the big argument used to be between tubes and solid state, I now consider it to be between analog and digital. Paul Cochrane was getting really cool sounds out of his tube amp designs before coming out with his Tim and Timmy pedals. BTW here is a link to the album "Round One" he put out with his band, Jack Johnson, in 1995. The first two songs were included in the actual soundtrack (but not the OST album ) to the movie "Barb Wire" featuring Pamela Anderson Lee:

https://jackjohnsonroundone.bandcamp...lbum/round-one

Bandcamp lets you name your price for digital downloads- I thought that $5.00 was a fair price...

Two Jack Johnson songs, “Hit” and “Blondie’s Squad Car,” are featured in the movie. The band—which includes Paul Cochrane, vocalist Kurtis McFarland, bassist Ethan Pilzer and drummer Simone White—was happy to discover that both songs are played nearly in their entirety. “To be able to sit in a theater and hear your music was pretty neat,” Cochrane says. “There’s a scene where she’s punching out a bad guy in a bar to our music. The sound dips down sometimes, but the song never stops playing. The guitar solo was real loud during a lot of the action, which was exciting for me.”
                From... Morris the Cat | Nashville Scene

:

Steve A.

P.S. If you have a looper and a digital recorder you can make very accurate A/B recordings of the various changes you make to your amp designs since you can send the exact same loop to the input of your amp for each sound sample.
                The Blue Guitar
                www.blueguitar.org
                Some recordings:
                https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Not true chuck. You probably don't remember them but i posted many of the other amp. I just did a search for old posts of mine and the first one* i clicked on who;s title would suggest i need to post a schemaic and theres a schematic in the 1st post. trust me, i posted many.* Check it out, heres one from early 2014...

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t35976/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27989[/ATTACH]
                  Here is your schematic from your thread dated 03/12/2014 displayed in-line rather than as a separate attachment. If you like I can edit your posts in this thread to display your schematics in-line.

Steve Ahola

P.S. What program do you use to create your schematics? They look great!

P.P.S. If you can still edit your initial post you can add in the following code to display your schematic (AFTER deleting the ast*r*sks):

[*IMG]http://music-electronics-forum.com/attachments/27989d1394375126-27984d1394375126-newmaster3-2014_zps6dc8dfbc.jpg[/*IMG]
                  Last edited by Steve A.; 10-11-2016, 09:12 AM.
                  The Blue Guitar
                  www.blueguitar.org
                  Some recordings:

Comment

From Post #54 (10/08) Just telling it like it is. That wasn't the first time you gave be advice thats worked out real well but it's probably the best time. Amp is just sweeter'n hell now. One thing i always notice whenever I* have an amp sounding so right is that then and only then do they respond to other things properly. For example, when it's right you can cut the value of a coupling cap in half and it does what you would expect and to a very noticeable degree. When they aren't quite right you can hardly tell the difference other than the larger cap might be a bit wooly in the lows. Treble perkers also work very different in a "right" circuit and not at all the same or as useful in one thats not quite right. the great thing about that is you can then REALLY start to tweak it to you taste because now you can determine what it needs and what will accomplish it. Here's the current schematic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40960[/ATTACH]
                    Here is your schematic displayed in-line rather than as an attachment.

Steve Ahola

P.S. If you can still edit your initial post you can add in the following code to display your schematic (AFTER deleting the ast*r*sks):

[*IMG]http://music-electronics-forum.com/attachments/40960d1475952107-6v6-amp-9-24-2016-copy.jpg[/*IMG]
                    Last edited by Steve A.; 10-11-2016, 09:05 AM.
                    The Blue Guitar
                    www.blueguitar.org
                    Some recordings:

Comment

From Post #1 (10/05) .....you bastages keep hounding me for a schematic. * So after that thread on configuring the output of one stage to the next i spend a large part of the day tweaking endlessly trying to find the magic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40925[/ATTACH]
                      Here is your schematic displayed in-line rather than just as an attachment...

Steve Ahola

P.S. If you can still edit your initial post you can add in the following code to display your schematic (AFTER deleting the ast*r*sks):

[*IMG]http://music-electronics-forum.com/attachments/40925d1475728735-6v6-amp.jpg[/*IMG]

P.P.S. As Super Moderator I can edit anyone's posts in any forum here but I have no idea what edits are available to regular members. (I get the impression that for at least some of the members here they are able to edit their posts but only within a particular time frame.)

If anyone needs to edit or delete a post that they can no longer do themselves by all means send me a PM.
                      The Blue Guitar
                      www.blueguitar.org
                      Some recordings:

Comment

I know how, i just don't care either way. Clicking ion a thumbnail is good in keeping the thread size small, full size easier to see immediately. Neither is important IMO so i just do it as the site apparently wants you to. I use photoshop for schematics.

Comment

It's nice to see the full size picture in line.
                          However, I like to be able to refer to it while reading the discussion. To scroll back to it every time I want to see it is not practical. So I like to right click on the image and open in a new tab. Now it is sitting there one click away when needed. Added bonus is the enlargement option which does not appear when in-line.
                          Last edited by g1; 10-11-2016, 11:20 PM. Reason: right click
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

[QUOTEThis amp, and one other design of daz's have been the subject of perhaps 8000 to 10,000 posts since 2007 and no one has ever seen a schematic of either before ]now. Nothing "special" per se'. Just that it's daz's tone and special to him. [/QUOTE]

OK, I get it now. I must have missed that thread.

Comment

I know how, i just don't care either way. Clicking on a thumbnail is good in keeping the thread size small, full size easier to see immediately. Neither is important IMO so i just do it as the site apparently wants you to.
                              You are absolutely correct! Clicking on attached thumbnails in posts does not work very well at all on mobile devices such as my Android tablets*** but there seem to be only a few people here who use mobile devices to connect to MEF so it is mainly for myself that I repost attached images in-line which is very selfish of me. My bad!

*** The image pop-up cannot be zoomed very well at with my Android tablets. When I stretch it out with my fingers to zoom in and move around it snaps back to display just the upper left corner.

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                              It's nice to see the full size picture in line.
                              However, I like to be able to refer to it while reading the discussion. To scroll back to it every time I want to see it is not practical. So I like to click on it and open in a new tab. Now it is sitting there one click away when needed. Added bonus is the enlargement option which does not appear when in-line.
                              Hmmm... on my Android tablets I can zoom in just fine to the in-line images- it is the attachment pop-ups that do not zoom properly as explained above.***

I really like your idea of opening a thread in more than one browser tab, especially when viewing the ones with multiple pages.

I do predict that within 5 or 10 years desktop and laptop computers will become an anomaly as most people will be using mobile devices for browsing, etc. For the past few years I have only used my desktop computer for content creation, such as creating and editing audio files with Adobe Audition, DOC files with Microsoft Word and PDF files with Nero 8.

However these days the vast majority of people are more interested in content comsumption than content creation. For example only a relatively small number of people create YouTube videos compared to the vast number of people who merely watch them- and even that seems to be shrinking as the younger generations grow up.

BTW I just now learned about "content curation" which involves compiling material from various websites and other sources. At least for me my Samsung Tab 4 7.0 works much better for on-line content curation than my 2009 desktop computer running Windows 7.

Here is an interesting link I found on content consumption and creation:

https://medium.com/swlh/create-more-...71d#.qjm4tceob

BTW I subscribe to the on-line editions of several newspapers and magazines and have only found one mobile user interface that works really well for displaying the comic strips. The SF Chronicle changed their on-line interface earlier this year to one that made it difficult to read the funnies, but in the last few weeks they finally got it working better than ever. Today the funnies, tomorrow the world!

Steve Ahola

P.S. The Your Message text entry box here at MEF works poorly on my tablets (the fonts are way too small) but I can get around that by composing longer posts in a separate mobile app like Evernote. BTW I use the regular MEF website in the Google Chrome browser. Does anyone know if there a mobile site or app for MEF? Thanks!
                              The Blue Guitar
                              www.blueguitar.org
                              Some recordings:

Comment

I use photoshop for schematics.
                                Is there a particular collection of electronic symbols you use?

Thanks!

Steve A.
                                The Blue Guitar
                                www.blueguitar.org
                                Some recordings:

Comment

Working...
                                X