No announcement yet.

Tek 575 curve tracer, should I grab it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a 465B (two channel 100MHz portable scope from the 70's) for $5.00. It had a strange horizontal problem with the trace barely hitting the screen. I had a service manual so I opened it up and luckily found a broken trim pot in about 5 minutes. Didn't even have to fire up a test scope. I was able to replace the pot and get the scope working. It worked for a couple of years and one day it stopped. One of the filter caps had given up. I had to improvise fitting a new cap, but it's still working today. Though about replacing all the filter caps, but decided not to bother.

Many times you need a working scope to fix one that is malfunctioning. Below is a thread from DIY Audio where I helped a guy in Serbia get his scope going. It was a difficult job, in the end he had to just slog it out and find the one component that was causing the malfunction. Tektronix 465 Sweep generator - diyAudio
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

SF-you asked a little while back ( I can't find the thread) about running uTmax GUI for uTracer on a Raspberry pi.

I think it can be done without too much pain. It is written using the Qt environment so first you'd need to install that see here for how to do it. Next download the sources for uTmax. Open QTcreator, open the uTmax.pro project file, uncheck the 'shadow build' option under 'Projects' and hit 'build'. Done.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
        SF-you asked a little while back ( I can't find the thread) about running uTmax GUI for uTracer on a Raspberry pi.

I think it can be done without too much pain. It is written using the Qt environment so first you'd need to install that see here for how to do it. Next download the sources for uTmax. Open QTcreator, open the uTmax.pro project file, uncheck the 'shadow build' option under 'Projects' and hit 'build'. Done.
        Nick, thanks for the follow up on that. I appreciate it brother.
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X