Identify Flea Market Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
    J M Check out the image of the underside of the amp. It has a hole with a grommet that has 2 wires coming out about where the unidentified thing is on top of the chassis.
    Ok, half the riddle is answered, now confirm/check where do the back panel terminals hook to.
    No, "look at the picture" is not an acceptable answer, itīs your problem, not mine.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The resistors are 100K 1% or 130 ohm 1%. Probably the former. Check with meter
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I grew up in a time well after anything was built like this, but...

Any chance those terminals could have been used to power a peripheral piece of equipment? I mean, I have seen octal tube sockets used for such a purpose. And chances are, this thing would have been semi-permanently installed in an office somewhere.

I'm just thinking and asking out loud; any validity to my question? ... also, anytime I get "mystery terminals" in a chassis I'm salvaging, I get rid of them and make a sheet aluminum cover for the gaping hole... time-consuming, but at least my fingers (or my dog's nose) won't go where they might get zapped.

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
        X