Buck/boost? Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
    But a couple years ago he said "things were not that way" and apologized.
    One account I read (in a magazine or random library book, likely) stated that when VH was on fire in the 70s, the band was methodical in their use of diversion - anything to keep other groups from copying the EVH 'sound'. The nonsense was intentional. FWIW, I vaguely remember an interview with Eddie (Don Kirchner's Rock Concert TV show, maybe) where he stated that he ran his amps at 240vac instead of 110vac. Talk about fireworks!
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Ours go to eleven.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Ours go to eleven.
        Eleven? Meh... my tweed Fenders go to twelve, straight from the factory, no mods needed!

While the EVH stories are going around, let's not forget his own personal amp tech Jose' Arredondo. I got to visit Jose' at his home shop one fine day, and he was full of humorous puns & jokes all in broken Spanglish. Also working on his latest project for Ed, a huge brass chassis, about the size of a Marshall Major, with a long row of power tubes and a couple of humungous transformers. You can imagine where Ed got some of his goofy explanations of how & why his amps were modded, with sideways caps & whatnot. Ed kept Jose' on retainer for a couple years when the band was bringing in piles of loot, so he wouldn't be tempted to mod anyone else's gear. Heck of a deal!
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
          Eleven? Meh... my tweed Fenders go to twelve, straight from the factory, no mods needed!......
          ......and the newer tweed Fenders are already at 12 when the volume knob is on 3.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
          X