Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, maybe tit is a good to look at the properties of this signal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Sulzer View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]44145[/ATTACH]

NO, forgot to put in the Swiffer Duster pad. Easily redone. Note the different time scale; I did it a bit longer this time since stuff sticks around a bit longer than I initially expected. We have higher amplitude on the high harmonics, and more consistency from harmonic to harmonic.
    Wow, this is a great looking plot. At first glance, after the initial spike of high order harmonics, the whole spectrum looks to have a nice (mostly) uniform relationship and even decay. Is this as drastic as it appears relative to the previous one, or is it more a case of it being visually scaled to a longer time frame?
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15thThrough29thHarNP2.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	845927Click image for larger version

Name:	29thThrough34thHarNP2.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	845928

Two more plots, harmonic 15 through 29, and 29 through 34 harmonics. The highest frequency is just under 3KHz. (Note the time scales.) You can keep on going, but I think this proves the point.

The 34th harmonic lasts for a significant fraction of a second, and so its duration is not an issue for audibility.

It is only a bit more than 20 db down from the fundamental, and so its amplitude is not an issue for audibility, especially since human hearing increases in sensitivity significantly between 80 HZ and 3 KHz, maybe 10 db;

Comment

Working...
      X