X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
      If it's only 10-15mA you could use a couple of 47V 5W zeners between the diodes and capacitor.
      are two 5W zeners gonna generate less heat than a single 5W dropping resistor ?

Comment

The heat will be the exact same no matter what method you use. The only change you can make is the distribution of that heat. The larger the surface area of the resistor (or zener), the more widely the heat will be distributed.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

You could get this style resistor and mount it to the chassis for extra heat dissipation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RES_6-8R_15W.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	849255
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by beatnik View Post
            are two 5W zeners gonna generate less heat than a single 5W dropping resistor ?
            No, but it's only a few of watts. The zeners will ensure that the 350V capacitor rating isn't exceeded. If you use resistors between the diodes and capacitor it's as Mike said there's the possibility that the capacitor could be subjected to more than 350V before the tubes are warmed up.

Comment

Two 51V zeners did the job perfectly

The capacitors gets less than 350V at power up

I changed the first resistor to 5.6K and now getting the correct voltages on the plates

Thanks everybody for the advice

Comment

Working...
              X