X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head switcher help

i need to build head switcher one for 5150 and marshall dsl,to one cab
    for my different gig,i star to build one with relay for input h1 and h2
    power relay for output,my signal switch but a have big oscillation mean really
    bad design,any one have schematic or any help please

thank you

that question is very confusing.

you are trying to switch between heads.

are you trying to switch between 2 heads and 2 cabs, or 2 heads and one cab. if it is one cab, i dont think it is doable without complicated circuitry, as cutting ones output will damage the output transformer, and connecting both outputs to a single cab will damage both of the output transformers. if it is 2 cabs, then id just get a dpdt footswitch and have one position connecting to one amp and the other to the other amp. id use the dpdt to swap the active aswell as the ground, as there would be a possibility of some leakage coming through the other cab, aswell as the fact that it would infact make a massive ground loop, through the wall sockets.

Comment

Ted Weber used to make the Fourhead amp switcher, which switches up to 4 heads to 1 speaker, and switches the unused amps to a load at the same time. He doesn't make them anymore however ( I got the last one several years ago) but perhaps you can convince him to do a one off for you, or recommend a competing product that will do the same job.

Greg

Comment

Working...
      X