my amp at the stone poney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my amp at the stone poney

jusy found out that my nephews band, rexedog will be playing at the legendary stone pony in asbury park nj. hell be playing the amp (delcano 45) i built for him. im building one for his band mate right now. i dont think it will be done in time though. i think thats pretty cool.
    Last edited by scole; 01-02-2008, 03:13 AM.

When I was stationed at Ft. Monmouth a few years ago we used to go to the Stone Pony....they had a pretty cool bar band....some guy named Bruce Spring-something or other......I hear he became quite popular......haven't been back since.....assume it's still a cool place....

Comment

Way cool!

Comment

Awsome...I know the feeling. And it is good. I built a couple of amps that have "made it". It's fun. I hope I get to buy a big lable recording of one of my amps some day. It would be even better if I were playing. But somehow I don't think I would take that as seriously as if it were someone else, he he.

Great

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yeah,its a great feeling to see your amp onstage or on record.I have 2 sons who play in bands.I have 2 Mesa amps,a MKIIC+ and a SOB,as well as a dozen different amps I built myself.The Boogies havent been used in years,they both forego those amps in favor of mine.It is a great source of pride,without a doubt.My older son keeps an amp at his recording studio,his rehearsal studio and one he travels with.The one at the recording studio is a favorite of the head engineer,and has been used on many recordings,they do get quite a few "name" acts in there,so if it hasnt yet it will be on a "big label recording" one day.Best scenario would be if it is my sons band.

Comment

One I built for a guy is on tour.....he text messaged me a few months ago from a studio in LA about the amp getting rave reviews!
            I thought that was funny.......my little creation impressing the jaded of lala land.

Comment

Working...
            X