Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need scem-plate follower

Are there any scems out there that might be similar to this =

Marshall type preamp , 3-12ax7 , that use the plate of V2 to drive the tone stack .

just curious to see what is needed from the plate of V2 to the stack and MV

Look here:

http://www.schematicheaven.com/barga...aster_yba1.pdf

Scrool down to the bottom schematic. I think R36 should be 68K, not 6.8K as shown. There are a couple more versions of this amp that I've never seen schematics on the web. They have the late 70's sloped front panel and split input jacks. They really rock with the extra gain.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thats not the one--that shows V2 as a cathode driving the stack.

looking for one that has V2 with the plate driving the stack

Comment

Unless I am missing something, what you are looking for is the arrangement used in most of the Fender amps on this planet. The TMB stacks anyway.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

sorry-- i guess i mean a "Marshall style" layout. The fenders dont have the tone stack after V2 like the Marshall .

so it would resemble a 2204 Marshall for example, yet the tone stack is driven from the plate.....not the cathode

Comment

But it doesn't matter which tube it is. The signal at the plate of a tube - whatever stage number it might be - is coupled into the tone stack with a cap. The coupling arrangement won't change because you put the stack after V2 instead of V1 or V3.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thank you sir...............

i will try some things.. trying to figure out my home brew amp at the moment.....

Comment

Originally posted by Valvehead View Post
                Thats not the one--that shows V2 as a cathode driving the stack.

looking for one that has V2 with the plate driving the stack

Scrool down to the bottom schematic. Where exactly do you see a cathode follower?
                Attached Files
                WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

there we go--sorry didnt see the small scem. Thats what i was looking for in a nutshell/

thanks !

Comment

Working...
                  X