Fender Hotrod Deville ML with Mesa/Boogie Triaxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hotrod Deville ML with Mesa/Boogie Triaxis

hello, I have recently bought a Fender Hotrod Deville ML which I love, I also have a Mesa/Boogie Triaxis which I also love. My question is this: will I cause any harm to either amplifier if I were to run my Triaxis into the FX return of the Fender?

Many thanks in advance for any help. Regards, guitar_gazza

"My question is this: will I cause any harm to either amplifier if I were to run my Triaxis into the FX return of the Fender?"
    Run it HOW?
    If there is an FX loop on the Triaxis, then yes.
    You can Send the preamp signal to the HotRod Deville's Return jack.
    Speaker level output to another amp is a No No.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      "My question is this: will I cause any harm to either amplifier if I were to run my Triaxis into the FX return of the Fender?"
      Run it HOW?
      If there is an FX loop on the Triaxis, then yes.
      You can Send the preamp signal to the HotRod Deville's Return jack.
      Speaker level output to another amp is a No No.
      The Triaxis is a preamp only, at least that is what google tells me. I don't know know an ML differs from a standard HRDv but I can't imagine there would be a problem with this.

Comment

Jazz P Bass, By the term "Run it" I am referring sending the output of the Triaxis straight to the Fender FX Return thereby using only the power amp stage of the Fender with the Pream being the Triaxis.

Comment

The Triaxis is a preamp only, at least that is what google tells me. I don't know know an ML differs from a standard HRDv but I can't imagine there would be a problem with this.

Comment

As you correctly noted, the Triaxis is a Preamp, what I propose to do is send the output of the Triaxis to the Fender FX Return thereby using only the power amp stage of the Fender and the Preamp will be the Triaxis

Comment

No problem doing this. You can't hurt anything.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks g1, That is what I suspected but I have no technical knowledge of electronics and I've been playing guitar for over 60 years. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
                X