Winding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding question

Hello. There is a way to determine the direction of winding into a transformer secondary,please ? I wanna add some turns to an existing secondary over the isolation without to unmount the laminations. There is enough room in the gap between lamination and coil, not sure how to determine the sense. I think if wrong it will substract due the opposite generated field raising the current into primary.... Any thoughts please ? Thanks
    Last edited by catalin gramada; 12-09-2020, 02:04 PM.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

I think if wrong it will substract due the opposite generated field raising the current into primary....
    Correct. So add a few turns and measure if total secondary voltage increases or decreases.
    But instead of changing the winding direction you may just interchange start and finish wires of the additional winding.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Thank You !
      "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Working...
      X