Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signal output resistor with no specification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal output resistor with no specification?

I have come across a resistor in this schematic that is un-labeled and has no resistance, it is in the line of the signal output, as labeled right above it.

does anyone have any suggestions on what the value of the resistor might be? Or what one would use as that resistor?

thanks!

Depending on the particular desired line level, something in the range 22k to 220k, about 1/2W, type whatever really.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

No resistance means zero ohms - a dead short. Did you mean it measured open? I'd agree^^^ something in the 22k to 47k as a starting point. Adjust to suit.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The output of that line is marked as “ø db 600 ohms” on the back of the amp around that input jack.
        does that help sort out what it could be?

I haven’t tested the resistor, I just said “no resistance” because it isn’t labeled on the schematic. I’m not sure if it’s value.

Comment

"I haven’t tested the resistor, I just said “no resistance” because it isn’t labeled on the schematic. I’m not sure if it’s value."

Measure it.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            "I haven’t tested the resistor, I just said “no resistance” because it isn’t labeled on the schematic. I’m not sure if it’s value."

Measure it.
            I think he's cloning from schematic?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well, that makes it a bit tougher, doesn't it.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Is this a Randall? Probably not a piece of high-precision test gear then.
                0 dB at 600 Ohms with what input signal? Maybe the value was tweaked at final testing to meet the spec?
                If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Here is a snip from a Randall RG100 dated 1997 where the resistor has a value. 10K.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It must have been erased/lost when copying the schematic.

I have seen it as 22k.
                    Together with the 2k2 resistor it makes for a 10X divider, into a high impedance (tube amp).

Since that amp puts out 20V RMS at full power (100W into 4 ohm) you get 2 V RMS into a high impedance, perfect for, say, a typical 2 or 4 6L6 power amp, and lower levels into a low impedance such as 600 ohm, probably around 0.775V which is 0dB
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                      Here is a snip from a Randall RG100 dated 1997 where the resistor has a value. 10K.
                      https://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3545.0;attach=4902
                      Randall RG100 - 97
                      You must log in or sign up

g1 Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=923739&d=1603376615&type=thumb.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	924329

1)
                      Shrimpfarmer89 what is the problem with Randall except that you have an irresistible desire to spam the portal.
                      Remember we agreed.

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                      ... And don't forget.
                      If you want to fix Randall RG100ES, please without unnecessary philosophizing ..
                      Originally posted by Shrimpfarmer89 View Post
                      Thanks for the info I’ll ask straight questions next time and not dance around the question
                      Last edited by vintagekiki; 02-06-2021, 11:44 PM.
                      It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                      X