Marshall JVM Stock and Satriani Variant Negative Feedback Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JVM Stock and Satriani Variant Negative Feedback Question

Looking at both variants of the amp there is a cap bypassing the negative feedback resistor. 120p for the stock model and 100p for the Satriani model. This is not something I've seen on any other Marshall. Excuse my ignorance if I'm incorrect but that would seem to allow certain frequencies to bypass the resistor, massively increasing feedback above that threshold. What's its purpose?
    Last edited by greengriff; 02-14-2021, 12:42 PM. Reason: fix typo

it's called a speed up capacitor,its role is to stabilize the power amp against hi freq peaks especially with difficult signals like square waves,not much required in a guitar amp but for sure in hifi,that shows the designer has studied and wants the product to behave correctly all the time,which is typical of big brands mass producing,they always include filters in input and output to eliminate any inside or outside disturb potentially harmful.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by greengriff View Post
        Looking at both variants of the amp there is a cap bypassing the negative feedback resistor. 120p for the stock model and 100p for the Satriani model. This is not something I've seen on any other Marshall. Excuse my ignorance if I'm incorrect but that would seem to allow certain frequencies to bypass the resistor, massively increasing feedback above that threshold. What's its purpose?
        SCHEMATICS??????????????????????????
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post

SCHEMATICS??????????????????????????
          Here's the JVM210. NFB resistor and cap down below PI tube on pg.2
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here are the schematics for the JVM410H and the JVM410HJS model.
            Attached Files

Comment

Do both amps use the same output transformer ? One schematic says D5118, but the other doesn't say.
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
              X