what is the wattage of r1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by georage View Post
    its really interesting how v1 a and b played out as v1a conducted more current than v1b even though it has a higher resistance cathode resistor. i really dont know if that is good or bad or why that happened.
    Cathode and plate currents must be the same. So for V1B there is an error either in measurement or calculations.
    Measure the actual plate voltages rather than the drops and recalculate.

Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

g1, there was a difference of .06ma (v1b's ma) or something, which was probably due to the amp warming up while measuring...unless you were refering to something else...but i replaced the cathode resistor of v1b with a 2.2k...so i can remeasure and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by georage View Post
        unless you were refering to something else...
        I'm going by what are called V1A and V1B in the post #15 image. For V1B, you show .86mA at the plate, but .08mA at the cathode. That is 10 times more current at the plate than at the cathode, which is not possible, they must be the same.
        Likely the real plate current of V1B is lower than that of V1A, which would answer your question from post #15: the triode with the higher value cathode resistor has the lower current.

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

whoa! 10x that is a big mistake, definitely going to re-check that whole calculation. thank you for catching that.

Comment

uploading the new results. i think this is fairly good. i can see one slight error on v1b. not sure if thats a problem or a measurement error...anyway the amp is working. thanks for all the help. i think the answer would be a .5 watt resistor, but if my design was better i would want to up that to a 1watt or a 2watt
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X