Snubbers? Do I really need them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g1 View Post

Yes, that's the CSA (Canadian Standards Association) version. It has a separate board that is just fuses.
    Also of note is that it does not have a 16 ohm tap, as at that time the standards did not allow for the higher voltage it could develop, being accessible to the user if they hold on to the plug of the speaker cable.
    Right, it's weird.

I have a CSA Marshall but it's from before they went crazy with the crazy. Mine's a 76 and it's just like any other US/UK Marshall 2203. None of that wild fusing and it has a 16 ohm tap.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

Yes, that's the CSA (Canadian Standards Association) version. It has a separate board that is just fuses.
      Also of note is that it does not have a 16 ohm tap, as at that time the standards did not allow for the higher voltage it could develop, being accessible to the user if they hold on to the plug of the speaker cable.
      Totally off topic, but I wonder where the 'banana jack' amp kit guy went?
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Wondering how diode switching noise could sound in an amp.
        Maybe similar to low level heater buzz?
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
        X